Ethereum has been a popular cryptocurrency for many years and was the second-top option after Bitcoin. It’s still going strong, and investors in Germany might want to learn how to purchase it. This guide talks about the best exchanges available and includes step-by-step sign-up instructions to help you. Let’s get started!
- 1 Best Exchanges to Buy Ethereum in Germany
- 2 Binance
- 3 How to Buy Ethereum Using Binance
- 4 Binance Pros
- 5 Binance Cons
- 6 Coinbase
- 7 How to Buy Ethereum Using Coinbase
- 8 Coinbase Pros
- 9 Coinbase Cons
- 10 Coinsmart
- 11 How to Buy Ethereum Using Coinsmart
- 12 Coinsmart Pros
- 13 Coinsmart Cons
- 14 Paybis
- 15 How to Buy Ethereum Using Paybis
- 16 Paybis Pros
- 17 Paybis Cons
- 18 BitPanda
- 19 How to Buy Ethereum Using BitPanda
- 20 BitPanda Pros
- 21 BitPanda Cons
- 22 Conclusion
Best Exchanges to Buy Ethereum in Germany
Buying Ethereum in Germany can be difficult because many of the popular crypto exchanges are only available to the US and certain European nations. Therefore, you need this list to help you know where you can quickly and easily buy crypto in your country. They often include many payment options, so keep reading to learn more!
Binance is one of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges on the market and was founded in 2017 in Hong Kong. It offers over 500 cryptos and tokens, though it focuses more on altcoins. Still, Ethereum is an option.
Recently, it had to move company headquarters into the EU because China has strict rules for cryptocurrencies. Still, it’s a secure site, and you can trade or purchase crypto directly based on your needs.
How to Buy Ethereum Using Binance
You probably want to purchase Ethereum on Binance and aren’t sure how to go about it. The company offers many options with excellent security features and lower fees than others. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Create an Account (Website or App)
You need a Binance account to buy crypto. Once it’s opened, verify your information through the email it sends. It’s possible to download the official app or visit the website to enter your mobile number and/or email address.
Step 2: How You Want to Buy Ethereum
Tap the “Buy Crypto” link, which is found in the top left corner. Some people buy stablecoins first, using those for the purchase. If that’s not your style, choose how to pay for the purchase, such as:
- Third-party payments (Ininial, ADVcash, Simplex, Flutterwave, etc.)
- P2P trading
- Debit/credit card
- Bank deposit
Step 3: Make Your Payments
You’ve only got a minute to confirm your order at that price once you’ve selected the payment method. After that, it’s recalculated to be the current market pricing. Consider tapping the “refresh” button to find out if changes have been made.
Step 4: Store or Use the Ethereum
Store the Ethereum easily once you’ve bought it. Binance holds it in your individual account, but you could transfer it to your cryptocurrency wallet. Consider staking it on Binance Earn and trading it, as well.
- Many supported crypto options, including Ethereum
- Easy to navigate the website and trading platforms
- Lower fees compared to the competition
- Difficult to contact customer service
- Regulatory problems possible
- No information provided about security
Coinbase is actually the largest Bitcoin broker in the world. It represents a fast and easy way for beginners to buy crypto, such as Ethereum. In fact, it’s available in more than 30 countries, such as Canada, Singapore, Germany, and the United States.
It’s easy to buy Ethereum through a SEPA transfer, bank transfer, debit card, and others. You can even get $5 in free crypto once you sign up and make a trade!
How to Buy Ethereum Using Coinbase
If you’re interested in buying Ethereum on Coinbase, here’s what to do:
Step 1: Create an Account
Receive your verification link from your email and tap on it. Now, choose your country and phone number to get a seven-digit code texted to you.
Step 2: ID Verification
Some accounts aren’t required to do ID verification initially, but you will be asked to do so before buying crypto, so it’s a good idea to get it out of the way now.
Coinbase is located in the United States, so it must abide by the KYC/AML laws. You must provide personal information, such as a copy of your photo ID.
Go to the “buy/sell” tab and choose “submit ID” to be directed to the right page.
Upload your photo ID with a mobile camera, file upload, or webcam. There are different verification levels based on what you do.
- Level One – Verify your phone number to invest $9,500.
- Level Two – Verify your personal information to invest unlimited amounts, make wire transfers, and store money in the account.
- Level Three – Verify ID to send/receive digital currency.
Step 3: Buy Ethereum
Add your preferred payment method, start a trade, choose Ethereum from the list, consider how much you want to purchase, and then tap the “preview buy” button.
Congratulations! You’ve just bought Ethereum!
- Top-notch security with 2FA in place
- Responsive customer support
- Fiat purchases allowed
- Easy registration
- Lower fees than others
- Pool assets that are visible to the public so that others follow you
- Instant buy option
- No demo account available but low minimum deposits
- Can be hard to buy the first time
- Company could track how/where you spend crypto
- Bank transfers could take five days
Coinsmart makes buying cryptocurrencies accessible to anyone. The platform lets you trade, sell, and buy digital currencies. It supports nine cryptos, including Ethereum.
Many people appreciate the simple-to-use platform. Beginners often have no trouble with it and get access to advanced features as they become seasoned investors.
Overall, Coinsmart was founded in 2018 and is located in Toronto, Canada. Plus, it has a FIU license based in Estonia.
How to Buy Ethereum Using Coinsmart
Here are the steps needed to buy Ethereum from Coinsmart:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the Coinsmart website, tap “create account,” and fill in the requested information
- Verify your email address by going to the email account, finding the message, and tapping “activate account.”
- Sign in and enter your mobile number to get a verification code.
- Enter that and tap “next.”
- Verify your ID by choosing your document, uploading the front, and taking/uploading a selfie.
Step 2: Deposit
Tap the “start trading” button to fund your account with a wire transfer or SEPA. You may also use a credit/debit card.
Step 3: Get Ethereum
Enter the amount of money you want to use and tap “confirm amount.” You’ve just bought that much in Ethereum at the current market price!
- Advanced trading options
- SmartTrade (trade one altcoin for another without having to get Bitcoin)
- Easy-to-use platform
- 2FA security features and cold storage wallets available
- Regulated by FINTRAC and Estonia FIU
- Many deposit/withdrawal options
- Quick account opening
- 24/7 customer support
- Only nine cryptocurrencies available (but Ethereum is one of them)
- Not Android-compatible as of yet
Paybis is an excellent crypto exchange that is headquartered in the UK. It was founded in 2014 and offers fiat trading and cryptocurrency purchases. Fintech companies can easily get liquidity services, as well.
Overall, Paybis supports 10 different cryptocurrencies, and Ethereum is high on that list. You can buy it with 47 fiat currencies, and the website is available in 180 countries right now.
How to Buy Ethereum Using Paybis
You can appreciate the easy and quick registration process on Paybis. Here’s what you should do:
Step 1: Sign Up
Sign up for a Paybis account with your email address. Wait a few moments to get your verification code, enter that, and gain access to the website.
Step 2: Copy the Wallet Address
You’ve got to go to your online wallet website account to copy that address before you begin the transactions.
Step 3: Buy Ethereum
Go back to the Paybis site, enter the wallet address information in the right box, and determine how many Ethereum coins you want. The website automatically gives you the exchange rate.
Choose your preferred payment method, add credit card details if appropriate, and wait for your Ethereum to hit your wallet!
- No hidden fees (a transparent structure)
- Nine languages available
- 24/7 live chat support
- Includes multiple products
- Easy-to-use platform
- Quick registration process (immediate verification)
- Purchase crypto with 47 different fiat currencies
- Regulated by the UK FCA
- Can’t sell or trade Ethereum
- No fiat or crypto wallets available on the site
- No access to a demo account
- Can only choose between 10 cryptocurrencies (Ethereum is available)
BitPanda is an Austria-based cryptocurrency exchange that was founded in 2014. It services the European market, so it’s perfect for German citizens. Though it’s still quite new, it’s grown to become a common exchange in Europe and allows you to buy and sell Ethereum and other cryptos.
Overall, it’s easy to use and has an intuitive interface. Plus, you’ve got many payment options, so beginners can buy Ethereum quickly and efficiently.
How to Buy Ethereum Using BitPanda
After learning more about BitPanda, you need to know how to securely and quickly buy Ethereum.
Step 1: Sign Up for BitPanda
Create your BitPanda account by entering basic information. Wait for your email verification, tap the link, and confirm the email address.
Step 2: Verify
You must confirm your identity through one of its trusted verification partners. This often requires you to upload your ID and provide other relevant details.
Step 3: Deposit
Deposit your currency into your account and use that to buy Ethereum!
- High liquidity
- Fiat currency withdrawals and deposits
- Various withdrawal and payment methods
- Easy-to-use interface
- Higher fees compared to others
- No advanced trader’s platform
- Smaller variety of crypto assets
- Verification necessary for withdrawals
You’ve learned how to buy Ethereum (ETH) in Germany, and there are plenty of exchanges to consider. These five choices are excellent, though you should weigh the pros/cons and make sure they are suitable for you. Now it’s time to buy Ethereum confidently!
- How to Buy Ethereum (ETH) in Germany
- How to Buy Ethereum (ETH) in the Philippines
- How to Buy Ethereum (ETH) in the UAE
- How To Buy Ethereum (ETH) With A Bank Account
- How To Buy Ethereum (ETH) With A Credit Card
- How To Buy Ethereum (ETH) With American Express
- How To Buy Ethereum (ETH) With Apple Pay
- How To Buy Ethereum (ETH) With Crypto Anonymously
- How To Buy Ethereum (ETH) With Debit Card
- How To Buy Ethereum (ETH) With Google Pay
- How To Buy Ethereum (ETH) With PayPal
- How To Buy Ethereum (ETH) With Paysafecard
- How To Buy Ethereum (ETH) With Skrill
- How To Buy Ethereum (ETH) With Venmo
- How to Purchase Ethereum Using Neteller
AllIn1Bitcoins works diligently to offer impartial and trustworthy data on cryptocurrency, finance, trading, and stocks. Nonetheless, we are unable to furnish financial counsel and encourage users to undertake their own inquiries and due diligence.